Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rain, go away; No, please come back

If I have to meet someone from the past
I would want it to be myself.
It is Narcissistic, I know
But how great it is
On a rainy day
to fall into the bed of past
and rest for a while
underneath the layers of time.

Time often leaves me
dry and disappointed
like a failed monsoon.
I pray for it to stop for a while
but it moves on like a school bus
carrying a hundred joys
to order and discipline.

Incessant rain is a recess
where time comes to a stop.
I remember it to be long back
when we made paper boats
that sailed safely till the canal
and joined others into time.
Only to meet me today, as glassy memories
circling in the eyes, before they are sucked
into the vortex of time.

2 comments:

Aditya said...

Beautiful! This reminds of why I love the rain so much. And it is true..I would love to meet the old me..not is the narcissistic sense, but just to talk and observe how I was.

The title could be better :P

Aditya said...

Another quick note -

"Time...moves on like a school bus
carrying a hundred joys
to order and discipline"

What a excellent metaphor..hats off