Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinner plans

After gazing for hours at the stars
atop the terrace of a village home
I used to go back to sleep
To the narrowness of life.
Years later, I visit the sea
Excitedly pick up a handful of sand
and walk a while along the coastline.
Waiting for the Sun rise, I would spend
some anxious moments for a cosmic routine.
Children building castles
threw sand in the air.
Who didn't shed few tears then?
Naming the forts they built
under the rising sun, they were ever ready
for the breakfast call.
Easily, they wipe their hands off
this experience, never realising
how important it is.
Though I now know the importance
Nothing much I can do about it.
Other than walking briskly towards home
With only dinner plans in mind.

2 comments:

manasa said...

This reminds me of my chennai days near besantnagar beach :) beautifully written...

Trinath Gaduparthi said...

@ Manasa

Thank you! Yes, it is born out of similar experience.